Preparing pizza at home or for a restaurant requires an oven. While some might use a wood-fired oven, others might use the electric oven or gas-powered oven. But in either case, you wish to have the best pizzas. For that, preparing a pizza in a pizza oven makes it more delicious tasting. But, maintaining and cleaning these large ovens, in the long run, can be quite tiring.
Yet, many of us want to prepare pizzas at home for which, there are a lot of pizza maker appliances and devices out there. Just per the name, these are made for cooking only and only pizzas at your home. And when compared with a standard oven, these are much easier to use.
While there are multiple options out there, we are here with one of the popular options when it comes to pizza makers. The model mentioned in this article is called the Betty Crocker Pizza Maker. And we are here with a complete review of the Betty Crocker BC-2958CR pizza maker.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||6.36 lbs.|
|Product Material Used||Stainless Steel|
|Temperature Range||385 Degrees Fahrenheit|
|Power in Watts||1440 Watts|
|Warranty Length||1 Year|
- Compact Design
- Easy to Clean
- Automated Cooking
- Power Efficient
- Non-Detachable Cable
- Single Heat Level
Features of the Betty Crocker Pizza Maker
While purchasing a product for its features to know how much useful is that product to us. So, the following features of Betty Crocker pizza maker will help you in your decision making process.
Simple to Clean
The Betty Crocker BC-2958CR pizza maker offers a simple and straight forward design to its user. This is possible due to its circular design that is flat and easy to clean as you can reach all of its corners. Another great thing about this Betty Crocker pizza maker is that it offers a non stick surface. Due to this, food does not stick to it while cooking even if you are using very less oil. Hence, cleaning the cooking surface becomes quite easy.
You can not only cook pizzas in the Betty Crocker pizza maker, but also you can cook other dishes like cinnamon rolls. One important thing to keep in mind is that you can cook dishes that are similar in size of pizzas in terms of height. This makes the pizza oven quite versatile and multipurpose product that can be used for making different dishes in your kitchen.
Self Regulated Thermostat
One of the most important things to keep in mind while cooking a pizza is maintaining the temperature of your cooking surface. If you are familiar with pizza ovens, then you must know that those come with a thermostat where you have to set the temperature that you want to use for cooking a pizza. Thankfully, you do not have to mess with any such controls while using the Betty Crocker pizza maker. This is possible due to its self regulated thermostat that simply controls the temperature of the pizza maker and ensures that the pizza gets cooked properly.
Easy to Store
After going through the specifications of the Betty Crocker pizza maker given above, you must have also seen its dimensions. Since it gets a height of just 5 inches, you can easily store it in any part of your kitchen.
Self Timing Function
Apart from having an automated and self regulated thermostat, you also get a self timing function with this pizza maker. If you cannot tell by its name, this function is simply an automated timer that decides the duration for which the pizza needs to be cooked. As a result, if you are new to pizza making, this one can be a great pick. You do not need to set the temperature or the timer since it can control both of them and offer great cooking results.
Even though you get a decent temperature rating along with multiple features in this pizza maker, its power rating of 1440 watts is quite justified making it one of the most power efficient options out there like Presto Pizzazz Oven.
Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Recipes
As mentioned earlier, there are multiple things you can cook inside this pizza maker at your home. While you can prepare multiple Betty Crocker pizza maker recipes, two most common ones that can be prepared are pizza and cinnamon rolls.
Betty Crocker Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 ½ to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages regular or fast-acting dry yeast (4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine (1/2 stick), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray to grease bowl and pan
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine (½ stick), room temperature
- ½ cup raisins, if desired
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Then, heat milk in a large pan to a temperature of 120°F and add this milk to the bowl along with ¼ cup butter and an egg. After mixing all of these ingredients together, set the bowl aside for letting the yeast rise.
- Dust your work surface with flour and knead the dough for 5 minutes. After that, spray a large bowl with cooking spray and put the dough inside it while covering with a plastic wrap. Now, allow the dough to rise for 1 hour 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Spread your dough into a 15 inch x 10 inch rectangle and apply butter on top of it. Then sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon along with raisins and nuts. Once that is done, simply roll it up to make cinnamon rolls of your preferred size. After that, you can cook them in your Betty Crocker pizza maker.
Betty Crocker Pizza Dough Recipe
- ½ cup water
- 1 package regular or fast-acting dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Cooking spray to grease bowl
- Heat your water to a temperature of 115°F and add your active dry yeast to it. Then, stir this water to ensure that the yeast gets mixed along with the oil, salt, sugar, and half of the flour. And simply keep mixing as you add rest of the flour to this bowl.
- After that, sprinkle a little flour on any surface of your choice and place your dough on this surface so that it does not stick. Now, keep kneading this dough for the next 10 minutes and sprinkle more flour if needed. Once the dough becomes springy and smooth, place it in a bowl with oiled sides and cover it with a plastic wrap. Then, let it sit for 2 to 48 hours as per your choice.
- Finally, you can take out this dough from the bowl and shape it into a pizza and easily cooking in the Betty Crocker pizza maker. You can get a store-bought pizza dough and prepare pizza on this pizza maker.
After going through this article, you must know about almost everything related to this pizza maker. And coming to the final verdict regarding this pizza maker, most of you will have a great experience by going with the Betty Crocker BC-2985CR pizza maker. It offers a small and compact design to the user that is great for storage as well as is ease of use. Its self regulated thermostat ensures that you get a cooking temperature of 385° F for properly cooking pizzas.
And unlike most other electric pizza makers out there, this one is quite power efficient with its power rating of 1440 watts. Due to this whether you are cooking a pizza or cinnamon rolls, it will not use a lot of electricity. Its non stick surface ensures that cleaning the pizza maker after use is easy and straight forward.